[Qt-creator] segfault alert (Re: Qt Creator 2.7 freezing, please test and fix!)

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Tue Mar 5 15:23:13 CET 2013

On Monday 04 March 2013 11:54:38 Ziller Eike wrote:
> As we are approaching the planned Qt Creator 2.7 RC release date (this
> week), I like to call for testing the 2.7 branch and fixing bugs.
>
> The 2.7 branch goes into freezing state (see
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Submit-Policies): * bug fixes with high
> "severity / risk" ratios only (i.e. very high severity (P0/P1) or very low
> risk) * please keep release management informed e.g. by putting me as
> reviewer on review requests

Hello

In light of the above, I want to let you know that I still encounter (100%
reproducible) segmentation violations with 2.7 in CPlusPlus::Type parsing
(more exactly in CPlusPlus::Type::accept(TypeVisitor*) ).

Unfortunately it doesn't help that the file which triggers the crash upon
opening is rather large and contains rather complex templates and that I'm in
a hurry with other things.

I will certainly try to debug this a bit after work today (in about 10h) but I
thought I'd give a heads up, maybe some of the list readers know about things
around that part of code.

(An aside comment: given the crucial importance of that code, I guess it will
require some (better) unit testing...)

Thanks
--
Cristian Tibirna