[Qt-creator] Build QtCreator 64bit for Windows

Paweł Faron pawelfaron87 at wp.pl
Fri Mar 8 11:03:18 CET 2013

Hello guys,

Currently I'm struggling to build QtCreator 64bit version for Windows 7 64bit.

I successfully built Qt 4.8.4 64bit and started to build QtCreator.

I do it it the standard way:
1. start "VS2012 x64 Cross Tools Command Prompt"
2. qmake -r
3. nmake

Everything was built successfully but, the QtCreator crashes in the runtime with the Windows error 0xc000007b.

So I tried to generate VisualStudio 2012 Project and compile it. There I received link errors:
Error	2	error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
Error	1	error CVT1100: duplicate resource.  type:ICON, name:1, language:0x0409

Do you have some advises how can I build it in 64 mode?

best regards
Pawel