[Qt-creator] building Qt with private headers

Alexander Keller alexan3 at vt.edu
Tue Mar 26 00:56:22 CET 2013

I have built a qt4.8 for the Freescale i.mx6 ART board and I have
successfully integrated the qt4.8 qmake into qtcreator. However, when I try
to view my qml scripts with the designer tab in qtcreator, the designer tab
is always grayed out. I learned that the problem is the qmldesigner plugin
did not build because the qmldesigner plugin requires private headers. I
built qt with the configuration option -developer-build, and built the
qtcreator. Also when I built qtcreator according to the instructions in the
qtcreator readme file and told the qmake where to find the private headers
in the qt-source build tree.

Both times I built qt-creator I get this error

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.4/lib/libQtDeclarative.so when searching for
-lQtDeclarative
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.4/lib/libQtDeclarative.so when searching for
-lQtDeclarative
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtDeclarative
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make
<http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/26080/#fn10624776315150e3ed0247f>
3: *** [../../../lib/qtcreator/libQmlEditorWidgets.so.1.0.0] Error 1
make
<http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/26080/#fn10624776315150e3ed0247f>
3: Leaving directory
`/home/lucid/qt-creator-2.7.0-src/src/libs/qmleditorwidgets'
make
<http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/26080/#fn3670594645150e3ed03404> 2:
*** [sub-qmleditorwidgets-install_subtargets-ordered] Error 2
make
<http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/26080/#fn3670594645150e3ed03404> 2:
Leaving directory `/home/lucid/qt-creator-2.7.0-src/src/libs'
make
<http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/26080/#fn17297361795150e3ed043a4>
1: *** [sub-libs-install_subtargets-ordered] Error 2
make
<http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/26080/#fn17297361795150e3ed043a4>
1: Leaving directory `/home/lucid/qt-creator-2.7.0-src/src'
make: *** [sub-src-install_subtargets-ordered] Error 2

Any advice will be helpful

Alexander Keller