[Qt-creator] 2.8 branching

Poenitz Andre Andre.Poenitz at digia.com
Wed May 15 08:23:53 CEST 2013

Hi all.

If nothing unusual happens we'll set up the 2.8 release branch in the evening,
let's say 17:00 CEST.

Would be nice if anyone could have a look at his review list and clean it up
a bit until then. After that fixes that are targeting 2.8 must be re-targeted to
the then-new 2.8 branch.

The 'master' branch would in theory be open for unlimited feature development,
but it'd be nice to concentrate on polishing the 2.8 for a few more weeks.

So starting with today, the canonical answer to "What branch should I use
when I build from git?" would be "2.8, unless you have good reason to use
something else".

Andre'