[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 2.7.0 (Qt 5.0.2) on OS X 10.8.2: qml2puppet crash (dyld: Library not loaded)

skh skh1002 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 06:09:46 CEST 2013

Dear List,

I have just installed a fresh copy of Qt 5.0.2 from
"qt-mac-opensource-5.0.2-clang-offline.dmg². I can compile and run examples
and everything seems to be Ok, but whenever I try opening a qml file (any
qml file, as far as I understand) in Design mode, I immediately get a crash
report dialogue with the following error message from dyld:

Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded:
/Users/*/QtQuick.framework/Versions/5/QtQuick
Referenced from: /Developer/Qt5.0.2/Qt \
Creator.app/Contents/MacOS/qml2puppet.app/Contents/MacOS/qml2puppet
Reason: image not found

After that, Qt Creator shows a mostly empty window with base state selected
on top, but it is not responsive, and this crash dialogue keeps popping up
every 20­30 seconds. It also becomes impossible to quit Qt Creator normally
(only force quit works).
Would anyone be able to help me with this? I¹ve tried googling everywhere,
but so far haven¹t got any references to this particular problem.

Thank you in advance,
Serge.