[Qt-creator] How does #qt-creator work?

Daniel Molkentin daniel at molkentin.de
Mon May 20 20:27:09 CEST 2013

On 05/20/2013 11:43 AM, Thomas Meyer wrote:
> I have connected the last days to the IRC #qt-creator and I'm
> wondering how it
> works. There are many user connected, but it *seems*, they have
> nothing to talk.
They do, but weekends (especially long-term weekends in most of Europe
like this), most people tend to enjoy their holidays.

> Have I to talk to someone direct (private chat) and if so, how can I
> find the right one for my
> questions?
Don't do that. People do not deliberately ignore your questions.
Query'ing them does not help the cause.

> It would be nice to have a list from the users with their
> specialization of Qt Creator development.
> It suprised me too, that some users seems to be 24 hours online, so
> more like a
> hotline. ;-)

This is mostly because a lot of us are behind an IRC bouncer (e.g. to be
able to read the backlog).

> Result for me is, if I get there no answers, I would prefer to post
> here. ;-)

And you should.

Daniel