[Qt-creator] git support in 2.7.81

Petar Perisin petar.perisin at gmail.com
Tue May 28 09:08:18 CEST 2013

What type of project do you use?

is your project file also part (or inside) folder structure where .git file
is, or your project file is outside folder where .git folder is.

Git (and other VC systems) work this way:

1 - currently focused file has top priority. And Qt Creator checks if this
file is in a repository. Repository check is done by finding .git folder
(or file when submodules are concerned) in parent folders of a current
file.

2 - in case current file is not in repo (note that some specific commands
i.e. git diff, git show etc - they open up editor which has no file on
disk, and it is not inside any repo) then current project's repo is checked.

The situation you describe seems to me like you have project files outside
repo, and "Git Diff" editor is focused.

Regards
Petar