[Qt-creator] Best c++11 for compiling and debugging with qt-creator on mac?

Paulo Silva paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Tue May 28 22:50:55 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 5:41 AM, André Pönitz <
andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 01:28:28AM +0900, Paulo Silva wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a best c++11 compiler for using with qtc on mac?
>
> I don't know.
>
> > How's the clang debugger interface coming along?
>
> You mean LLDB support in Creator?
>
> Peu à peu. Slower than hoped for, faster than expected...
>
> You can check out the 2.8 branch at any time to see the current state,
> but it's not yet ripe for production.
>
> The main obstacle currently is basic event handling, I don't seem to be
> able find a robust method to get hold of _all_ interesting events with
> one approach.
>
> _If_ the process starts and properly stops, either by breakpoint or
> interrupt, it's rather nice. The LLDB interface to access state and data
> is very rich, there's no need to jump through hoops there.
>
> Thanks to Python's "duck typing" it looks like we can re-use most of the
> data dumpers unchanged, or mostly unchanged.  QString, QList, std::vector,
> std::string work already, I haven't really looked at the rest yet.
>
> Of course, there's a lot of missing features (on the integration side, not
> on what LLDB could provide) The disassembler view is very basic, stepping
> there doesn't work yet, module list needs a manual kick, no thread
> switching yet, etc etc. But most of those features will only translate to
> a handful lines of code each, so this part is more grunt work than rocket
> science.
>
> In any case, we will have "something" for 2.8 Final. How this "something"
> will compare to the GDB interface depends pretty much on whether the event
> handling can be stabilized in time.
>
> [And this is, "of course", Mac-only. LLDB on Linux seems to be stuck
> somewhere between non-compilable and non-functional, depending on the
> exact phase of the moon]
>
> Andre'

Thanks, that sounds... interesting. :)

Let me rephrase that question. On the Qt5 page it's proposed to use c++11
lambdas with Qt5. How would you go about doing this/debugging your code
with qt-creator?
Or is this functionality available only in case you don't want to debug
with qt-creator?

Thanks