[Qt-creator] Deploy from DESTDIR

Duane duane.hebert at group-upc.com
Thu May 30 16:00:48 CEST 2013

On 5/30/2013 9:15 AM, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> On 05/30/2013 02:32 PM, Duane wrote:
>> I have several projects and typically set a /bin directory with the
>> DESTDIR tag in the pro files.  This way I can build all of the projects
>> and copy the files easily.  But sometime I want to deploy these to a
>> remote linux device through creator, mostly for remote debugging.  I do
>> this by setting
>>
>> linux-* {
>>         target.path = MyPathOnTheTarget
>>         INSTALLS += target
>> }
>>

>> This doesn't work if I use DESTDIR as it seems to require the exe to be
>> in the build directory.  I'm not using shadow build.
>
> How does it not work exactly? Is the file looked up at the wrong place?
> In the "run" part of the project view, the local file path of the
> executable as assumed by Creator is shown. Is that the right one, i.e.
> does it point to DESTDIR?

In the build part of the project view the path is the project build
path.  In the run part of the project view the local file path seems to
have the source part as the project build path concatenated to the bin
path.  So it looks like
/home/QtSDK/myprojects/thisproject/~/QtSDK/bin/mybinaryfile

DESTDIR is set at ~/QtSDK/bin.  So it doesn't find it.