[Qt-creator] side-by-side diff of git commits in qtcreator 2.8 (de24f01)

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Fri May 31 21:14:57 CEST 2013

Hello

I already mentioned this here earlier, but might have passed unobserved
(because of my email reply manipulation errors).

I found out that side-by-side diff should work allright in the future 2.8
version and I was eager about it (and there is the highly reverberating
posting series on google+ that taunts me more), but unfortunately I can't make
it work in my local compilation.

If I try to view a git commit diff, I only get the side-by-side diff "editor",
with "no differences" written in the two panes.

If I try a diff between two files on disk, that works correctly.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

--
Cristian Tibirna