[Qt-creator] Qt4ProjectManager plugin renamed to QmakeProjectManager

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Nov 1 14:51:51 CET 2013

On 31 October 2013 18:23, Tomasz Siekierda <sierdzio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 October 2013 16:53, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
>> It looks I will never stop looping the details I already posted
>> multiple times... :-)
>> I have mentioned, that I have read the README [1] very carefully
>>
>> https://qt.gitorious.org/qt-creator/qt-creator/source/ce36df9f88ce290c5667e46c59f158cd8a41b8ea:README
>>
>> The only places where 'git' is mentioned are the steps 2 to 6, about
>> building with MinGW.
>> But, even there, nothing is mentioned about
>>  git submodule update --init.
>> required to enable qbs, among other features I guess.
>
> OK guys, time to get our hand dirty. I've created
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Building-Qt-Creator-from-Git and will try
> to put all the information there. Feel free to drop by, vote up, and
> correct if you find any errors.

Tomasz,

That's very helpful effort, thanks very much.

I'd like to add a note on branch, similar to the one in the article
about building Qt:

"""
Then check out the target branch (see Branch Guidelines):

git checkout ....
"""

but are there any branch guidelines for Qt Creator?
IOW, it may be worth adding a note on which branch to use
depending on one's purpose.

For example, André warned on the list [1] this way:

"[As a side note: 'master' is usually unattended between about
a week before beta releases and the release candidate, it's
really not recommended to use, even for 'bleeding edge' cases
during that time"

[1] http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/qt-creator/2013-October/002844.html

Also, can we replace the plain qmake with more specific

<QtInstall>/bin/qmake -r <QtCreatorSources>

to indicate one should use the right build of Qt,
in case multiple Qt releases/builds are present in user's environment?
I'm thinking of similar wording for the commands as here:

http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-extending/getting-and-building.html

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net