[Qt-creator] Source of "Add Build Step" items in project configuration

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Nov 12 17:24:17 CET 2013

Hi,

In a project configuration screen, there is this "Add Build Step"
drop-down button which has list of types of steps attached.
There is usually one step specific to a project manager
and the generic "Custom Process Step".

For example, for CMake project the button, in both sections
"Build Steps" and "Clean Steps", lists
- "Custom Process Step"
- "Make"
Similarly for other project managers.

Could anyone help me to navigate through the code/execution flow
of a project manager plugin to find out where exactly the additional
project-specific item like "Make" is added to the "Clean Steps"?

IOW, when/where Qt Creator generates that list for the button?

I suppose it's generated using info provided by a class
derived from ProjectExplorer::BuildConfiguration.
Or, is that the availableBuilds reported by the factory:
http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-extending/projectexplorer-ibuildconfigurationfactory.html#availableBuilds
?

The problem is that I'm getting my project-specific "Make" step
listed by the "Add Build Step" button, but only "Build Steps" section.

I can't figure out why it's missing from the "Clean Steps" section.

I'd appreciate any help.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net