[Qt-creator] curious General Messages in Qt Creator 3.0.0 Beta

VStevenP vstevenpavao at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 14 03:24:46 CET 2013

I see the following General Messages in Qt Creator 3.0.0 Beta w/ Qt 5.2 Beta (Mac/Android) when I open my .pro:

"/bin/sh: /opt/android/ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8/prebuilt/darwin-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: No such file or directory
Could not read qmake configuration file /Users/stevep/Qt5.2.0/5.2.0-beta1/android_armv7/mkspecs/android-g++/qmake.conf."

I also see the following General Message in addition to those, in the first Qt 5.2 Beta rc1 snapshot:

"Project ERROR: You need to set the ANDROID_NDK_ROOT environment variable to point to your Android NDK."

Interestingly enough, none of these messages affect my ability to build with the armv7 kit and run my project in the AndroidSim simulator.  I'm able to do that without much difficulty.

Also note, that the qmake.conf file is there at that location it is complaining about.

If any of this should be reported as bugs, please let me know.

- VStevenP