[Qt-creator] Debugger: .gdbinit and gdb.current_progspace().filename

Sven Goericke sven.goericke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 11:01:29 CET 2013

Hi all,

i use a local .gdbinit in my programs working directory which uses the
result from gdb.current_progspace().filename in python. This works well
on commandline and also if using gdb in emacs. However, in qt-creator
this doesn't work (i'll get an empty result). According to the gdb-log
it seems that all .gdbinit stuff is loaded *before* the executable is set.

Is there a way to get a proper result for
gdb.current_progspace().filename after qt-creator has set the executable
but before starting the program to debug? I tried the "Additional
Startup Commands" as well Debugger Helper etc. in the Debugger Options
but no luck.

Cheers,
Sven