[Qt-creator] Required conventions (was: Documentation for plugin development)

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Nov 26 11:43:24 CET 2013

On 26 November 2013 10:10, Tobias Hunger <tobias.hunger at digia.com> wrote:
> * Please make sure to follow the coding style.
> http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qtcreator-extending/coding-style.html
> has the details.
> (...)
> There usually are lots of misplaced * and & chars in newly
> submitted code, too.

Or, one day, Qt will drop its C with classes heritage
and allow folks to apply C++ semantic and emphasize actual type
instead of syntax of declaration as C folks do.

Besides, whoever created the rule of
"always use a single space before an asterisk (*) or an ampersand (&),
but never after"
doesn't seem to mind useless rules:

char **p;

I don't mean to start a discussion about it, as I don't really care
about those rules myself.
It's just a sneaky 5 pennies plug of things that annoy me in Qt/QtC after a few
weeks of coding with it ;-)

Best regards,
--
Mateusz  Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net