[Qt-creator] Unable to add Android Virtual Device?

achartier at fastmail.fm achartier at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 27 08:52:08 CET 2013

Hello,

I am trying to develop an Android app with Qt and Qt Creator for the
first time on Mac. Everything worked quite well for iOS, but I am
running into one issue I cannot work around for Android.

I have followed all the getting started steps as outlined here
(http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/androidgs.html). This
includes installing the Android SDK, NDK, Ant and Java runtime. I have
also updated my JAVA_HOME environment variable as indicated.

Under the Android Preferences page in Qt Creator the SDK, NDK, Java and
Ant paths all seem correct and Qt Creator is able to pick up several
Android kits. However, when I try to add a new AVD, I get the following
error:

"Cannot create a new AVD. No sufficiently recent Android SDK available.
Please install an SDK of at least API version 0."

At this point I'm stuck and am not sure how to proceed. I imagine there
must be something simple that I am doing wrong.

In case it matters, I am using the recent Qt snapshot build # 172 for
Mac (iOS + Android).

Any help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!