[Qt-creator] Roadmap for Python support?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Nov 27 13:33:32 CET 2013

On Tuesday 26 November 2013 21:56:27 André Pönitz wrote:

<snip>

> I have also a semi-functional
> qlalr based scanner for Python 2 hanging around, but going from there to a
> real parser, integrating that properly, together with some kind of project
> explorer integration or "project management" would be quite some effort.
> If someone wants to work into that direction I'd happily help to integrate
> stuff, and perhaps handle the debugging side, but not much more than that.

For Python 3 you can use some built-in functionality to parse Python code and
get all information required for an IDE. Sven Brauch supplied the patches
required for that to Python upstream in order to use it for his KDevelop
language plugin.

I bet you/others could contact him to get some input and more details on that.

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de