[Qt-creator] where does qDebug() end up?

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 15:22:30 CEST 2013

On Oct 1, 2013, at 5:29 AM, Daniel Teske <daniel.teske at digia.com> wrote:

> On Monday 30 Sep 2013 22:09:03 André Pönitz wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 03:29:26PM -0400, Michael Jackson wrote:
>>> I am running QtCreator 2.8.1 on Windows 7x64 using the VS2008 compilers.
>>> I have a console application that I am writing. I use qDebug() to output
>>> progress to the console but when I debug those messages are not showing
>>> up in the "Application Output" and a command window does not pop up
>>> either? Is there a setting I need to toggle to be able to either have the
>>> console window pop up or have the output streamed so that QtCreator can
>>> display it?
>>
>> For the separate window, there's a check box "Run in Console" in the
>> project's Run settings.
> But, you should get the debug output inside creator if that is unchecked.
>
> Windows is limited though in that there can be only one application subscribed
> to the debug output of all applications. Thus you need to ensure that there's
> no debugviewer and no other creator running.
>
> daniel

As far as I can tell QtCreator is the only debugging application running. I checked the "run in terminal" as André suggested and that seems to work. Was just making sure I was not missing anything. There is always the possibility that I have setup QtCreator in correctly at some point and that is what is really wrong.

Thanks
Mike Jackson