[Qt-creator] qmake and precompiler directives

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Fri Oct 4 09:03:44 CEST 2013

On 02.10.2013, at 20:25, Duane <duane.hebert at group-upc.com> wrote:

> On 10/2/2013 1:53 PM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 01:22:51PM -0400, Duane wrote:
>>> I commented out the include for the cpp file and ran qmake.  Then I see
>>> the make file has a line to build spoo.o.
>>>
>>> After this I can remove my comments and build, rebuild clean whatever
>>> and it works.  If I run qmake again it breaks.
>>>
>> this has nothing to do with creator => wrong mailing list.
>>
>> anyway, this issue has been discussed multiple times, among other places
>> on jira. please use the search function.
>>

> Sorry but Creator is my IDE and I'm having problems linking my
> application.  How is this not a Creator issue?

Qt Creator delegates the work of building to the used build system. Currently you can use qmake, cmake, autotools (if you enable the experimental support in Qt Creator), and a generic way to specify what to do for building and running, where you have to tell Qt Creator everything it needs to know for the different parts of what it does.

qmake is "just" the "default" build system for Qt Creator, with most extensive support (and is what the wizards generate, though that is just the current state of affairs).

The governing rule is: If the same error appears when building&running your application from a command line, it is most probably not an issue of Qt Creator. Or, the other way round, if the error does not appear when building&running your application from a command line, it is most probably an issue of Qt Creator.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius