[Qt-creator] Showing QString value in the Debugger

Michael Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 23:12:16 CEST 2013

On Oct 4, 2013, at 3:57 PM, Poenitz Andre <Andre.Poenitz at digia.com> wrote:

>> QString QFilterParametersReader::readValue(const QString name, QString value)
>> {
>>  BOOST_ASSERT(m_Prefs != NULL)
>>  return m_Prefs->value(name, value).toString();
>> }
>>
>> In the debugger I have this:
>>
>>        Locals
>>                name    @0x7fff5fbff708 QString &
>
> The "compiled" dumpers for non-Python GDB generally do not kick in for
> references. The strange thing here is that you have function parameters
> as value, but they seem to get reported as references.
>
> Andre'

Thanks for the clarification.

Lets just say I'm ready to toss in the towel and stop fighting the crappy debugging experience on OS X. Do I just basically pick any of the latest Linux distributions and make sure it has all the latest clang/gcc/gdb versions installed? This is a simple yes/no question and not a "what Linux distro is better than another one".

 I have also gotten QtCreator working on Windows with the CDB but I think it may have the same issues as OS X.

Thanks
--
Mike J.