[Qt-creator] Design 3#

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Fri Oct 11 20:44:24 CEST 2013

On Friday 11 October 2013 19:30:07 Elias Steurer wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>

> Some new Designs :)
>

> Light Theme:
>
> http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4947/5h2.png
>

> Dark Theme:
>
> http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2734/rspm.png

Thanks a lot for your steady and thoughtful work. It is much appreciated.

The tabs in the toolbar are ugly, counterintuitive and an usability nightmare.

The icons at the right of the toolbar are confounding. I get the green
triangle and the red crab (why not a bug???), but the camera and the diaphragm
are confounding me. What are these?

The locator (I guess called "search" in the screenshot) should be placed at
the left (either up or down), in order to fit with the mental concept that
locating/searching is the first thing to be done in any sequence of actions.
At least in a left-to-right writing culture, left means first.

The vertical writings in the left toolbar, even if with 10 or 12pt font, are
about 10% as readable as a horizontal label, even written with 5 or 6pt
fonts.

The (overrated) flat design removes much from the usability of 3d-hinted
buttons and icons.

"Create" menu item is surprising. "Build" is both much more suggestive and
more traditional (thus better known/understood).

Menu items denote actions (Yes, even File and Help). So, "Debugging" should
remain "Debug".

The menu-in-window-bar thing is only for windows, right?

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org