[Qt-creator] Design 3#

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Mon Oct 14 09:34:06 CEST 2013

Hi,

I can mainly repeat what I already said, so maybe it's boring ;)

I can't wrap my mind around vertical text. Since we moved the progress information out, we already have the option to hide the mode bar, and I think we could have a "small icons version" in addition, though I'd then actually would consider removing the text completely instead of having vertical text.

I actually like your mode icons, only the "debug" icon looks too similar to the android icon, at least that's what I first thought it was. (And obviously 'space invader' and 'crab' are other first impressions.)

And finally what I think would be more helpful than a redesign (which would btw then need to include *much* more than just the edit mode): some "evolution" of the current design. E.g. going over all icons and making them more consistent / improving them, improving the look and feel of the combo boxes in tool bars, going through screens, dialogs, etc and cleaning the layouts, and things like providing a small icon version of the mode bar.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Senior Software Engineer

Digia Germany GmbH
Rudower Chaussee 13, D-12489 Berlin
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B,
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius