[Qt-creator] Extract call graph from QtCreator(2)

欧三股四 549088764 at qq.com
Sun Oct 20 01:59:01 CEST 2013

Many Thanks for Nikolai Kosjar's help in my last e-mail. However, as the code of QtCreator is the largest one I have ever encountered and there's few articles about it on the Internet, I have to get more details before I start.

Actually, I want to add a visualization module to QtCreator, which is similar to the CodeMap plugin in Eclipse JDT.

As you can see above, the plugin visualize the code as a map. An island means a cluster of similar files, the red marks indicate the places where a symbol appears, and the arrows mean the call graph of a function.I think this visual metaphor will help when we navigate the code, and I want to introduce it into QtCreator.

Specifically, I want to take the following steps:
1. I extract all call graphes of functions
2. Do some clustering on the graph
3. Map the graph to 2D.

Now, I want to scan all the project files(include  .h, .cpp) and in every function, find out which functions it calls in  order. I think traverse the AST is a choice. Here's my problem:
1.  How can I get the AST ?
2.  How to filter the symbols I need(For example: all functions)?
3.  Is there any other efficient way to do this?

Thanks a lot.