[Qt-creator] Text file encoding

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at digia.com
Wed Oct 23 14:15:34 CEST 2013

Hi Stephen,

On 23.10.2013 13:50, Stephen King wrote:
> I've just installed the beta of Creator 3.0 and I've noticed that there's no longer a 'System' encoding available for the Text Encoding option. What should be selected instead on a European (UK) Windows 7 set up?

Qt 5 requires uft-8 and that is the default now. That is what you get if
you did not change the encoding earlier (in that case your explicitly
choosen encoding should stay).

I would recommend to stick with it as it can encode anything (available
in unicode) you throw at it and is widely supported.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius