[Qt-creator] Why I can't show examples on my QTC's welcomescreen?

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Thu Oct 24 08:25:00 CEST 2013

On Oct 24, 2013, at 7:08 AM, Yuchen Deng <loaden at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was tested Qt5.2 beta1, and it does not has this problem.
> I build QtCreator 3.0 beta from source, it can't show any example since 3.0.0 alpha.
> so, any comments?
> Thanks.

a) make sure you have a Qt version registered
b) make sure that Qt version has documentation built (cd qtbuilddir && make docs)
c) make sure that Qt version with examples is selected in the combo box on the examples page in welcome mode

If none of the above make it work, try running Qt Creator with environment variable QTC_DEBUG_EXAMPLESMODEL set and see if the debug output of that (on console) sheds any light on the issue.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius