[Qt-creator] Collaborative Editing

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 09:49:26 CEST 2013

Hi, I was wondering if there was any effort to support collaborative
editing in QtCreator,
By this I mean something like google docs - checkout floobits [0] page
too, gives a quick idea if what Im talking about.

Recently at the GSOC mentor summit I met with one of the mentors who's
student added a generic library for KDE to support this, he says this
will be added to the up-coming release of KDE. []

I was wondering if this would be interesting to others, and if it
would be possible/desirable to add such a feature to QtCreator?
If this is acceptable would there be the possibility of accepting
funding to get such a feature into QtCreator?

In case it matters - I'm interested in this feature for virtual
pair-programming.

[0] https://floobits.com
[1] http://scummos.blogspot.de/2013/09/collaborative-text-editing-02-beta.html

--