[Qt-creator] Do QtCreator generic project supports virtual paths ?

Abir Basak abirbasak at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 08:18:08 CET 2013

On 25 October 2013 16:37, Orgad Shaneh <orgads at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Abir Basak <abirbasak at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I am using QtCreator with generic project support for some time, where I automatically generate the creator,file,include,config etc. However I do not know, if there is any way to group header / source etc files separately based on some simple pattern matching? Is it possible, or a valid feature request?
>>
>> Thanks

> Hi,
>
> In Qt Creator 3.0 you can configure search paths for sources and headers, which are relative to the counterpart.
>
> The defaults are include and ../include for headers, ../src and .. for sources.
>
> - Orgad

I think you misunderstood my question. Unlike, QMake based build (as
implemented in qmakenodes.h/cpp) which `displays` project tree using
virtual folders (like separating out sources, headers , generated ui
files etc) , Generic Project Manager (as implemented in
genericprojectnodes.h/cpp) does not seems to separate display based on
file types or allows one to write virtual folders in <project>.files
file. Given a common interface to do so, it can be used by
qmake,qbs,generic,cmake etc to display the project tree using virtual
folders.

Thanks