[Qt-creator] Qt4ProjectManager plugin renamed to QmakeProjectManager

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 31 01:24:15 CET 2013

On 29 October 2013 17:11, Poenitz Andre <Andre.Poenitz at digia.com> wrote:

> This is just a heads-up for people building from source:
>
> The Qt4ProjectManager plugin just has been renamed to
> QmakeProjectManager.
>
> The old name has been "wrong" for quite a while, as the
> plugin handles both Qt 4 and Qt 5 and in the light of the
> upcoming promise of interface stability it seemed better
> to get the naming right for the Creator 3.0 release.
>
> The change should be mostly invisible to most users
> (of course, About->Plugins looks slightly different), but
> if you build directly from source you'll need to remove
> lib/qtcreator/plugins/QtProject/Q4ProjectManager.pluginspec
> and libQmakeProjectManager.so (or your platform's
> equivalent to that) manually.
>
> A clean rebuild would do the trick, too.

I've just done clean rebuild of the current branch 3.0.

The "Open Project" dialog allows to select only three project types:
Autotools, CMake and Generic.
Neither qmake .pro projects nor the new .qbs are listed in the file types.

In the About -> Plugins, I see the managers for Autotools, CMake, Generic,
then I see QmakeProjectManager which is greyed and QtSupport plugin
(non-greyed).
The Qbs plugin is not listed either.

Best regards,
--