[Qt-creator] Kit and device concept in QtCreator

El Mehdi Fekari mfekari at rim.com
Thu Sep 5 14:37:55 CEST 2013

On 09/05/2013 01:26 PM, Christian Kandeler wrote:
> However, the GUI element should make clear that this setting is "global"
> in that it will change the device for other projects as well -- unless
> you are suggesting to take the device out of the Kit entirely, which
> would be more intrusive design-wise (and a step back towards the old
> target concept).

My suggestion is not to have a new 'no device' kit concept. I am pretty
happy with the current kit concept, and most of users won't need to
modify kit's device (or whatever kits information) when working with one
matching device.

I just suggest to have more convenient way to easily change a kit's
device when deploying on various set of devices and when this doesn't
affect the build step. Or at least approve such change for plugins that
need it.

Mdi