[Qt-creator] Remote Linux plugin and CMake

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 18:47:20 CEST 2013

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> Daniel Teske wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty confident that all 3 solutions I did suggest are implementable
>> and don't take unreasonable effort.
>
> As I've said before, I think the only option from the CMake point of view
> is installing.

You seem to have decided to go against the recommendations of the CMake
community.

 https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,60679

Now you're forcing people who use CMake to maintain their list of installed
files in two places (the install commands in their CMakeLists, and now this
new deplyment file).

This also assumes that all install files are constant (not differing based
on debug/release or any other criteria). That is just not the case.

This is needlessly and deliberately crippling the user experience with
CMake.

You should reconsider.

You should install to a temporary directory instead and you should grep for
'Installing' to determine what files should be copied to the device.

Thanks,

Steve.