[Qt-creator] Remote Linux plugin and CMake

André Pönitz andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Sep 9 21:09:09 CEST 2013

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 08:09:23PM +0200, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> André Pönitz wrote:
>
> >> This is needlessly and deliberately crippling the user experience with
> >> CMake.
> >>
> >> You should reconsider.
> >
> > Where is the patch from the CMake community?
>
> This is a poor deflection of an excuse for doing the wrong thing.

Not really. "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

I have the choice between supporting an existing patch that comes from a
CMake user which is declared by him as "serving the purpose" and supporting
an approach that does not have a patch, and for which I rate the chance of
showing up at all at about zero.

It has been pointed out that both approaches can be implemented, and
can co-exist. So if the "official" CMake community wants their opinions
reflected in the code they are heartily invited, at any time.

Andre'