[Qt-creator] Remote Linux plugin and CMake

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at digia.com
Tue Sep 10 12:16:52 CEST 2013

> > I have the choice between supporting an existing patch that comes from a
> > CMake user which is declared by him as "serving the purpose" and
> > supporting an approach that does not have a patch
>
> A superior approach which will serve more than one user. It will instead
> serve all CMake users.
Clearly Oleksii prefers his solution, and no user has actually spoken up in a
thread which specifally asked users to speak up.

> > , and for which I rate the chance of showing up at all at about zero.
>
> Why is your expectation so low?
>
> Why do you think I'm on this mailing list and this thread.
Maybe you should tell us? Because your actions don't speak of any interest in
Creator. I see one patch in Creator which adjusted Creator's code to a api
change in qt.

> Why do you think I keep asking Tobias Hunger about his build configuration
> patches? He recommended a few weeks ago that I wait for them before diving
> into the CMake related code in creator.
>
> > It has been pointed out that both approaches can be implemented, and
> > can co-exist.
>
> That is not correct. They can not co-exist. What is installed by running
> make install may not be the same as what is in the deployment file. You
> would have to have UI to allow the user to configure which one is
> authoritive.
There's absolutely no reason we can't support two different ways of deployment,
apart from my unwilligness to maintain two. Which just means that someone else
has to step up to do it.

> Yes, I can implement it. I thought my recommended approach was already
> rejected. Please be more clear about that. Or maybe I need to wait for
> Daniels decision?
I have already decided, there's a a mail in this thread about that.

We'll go with the patch from Oleksii.

daniel