[Qt-creator] Qt Creator remote debugging

hatred adrozdoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 02:49:28 CEST 2013

Hi List!

I don't understand how remote debugging is work in QTC.

I have a MIPS4k board with connected JTAG (Lauterbach). Lauterbach Trace32
application can work as GDB server so any applications can connect to them
and debug board. Note: OS on this board does not linux-based.

I successfuly connect to the Laterbach GDB server with
mips-sde-elf-gdb.exe, I point this debugger as debugger in MIPS (SDE based)
toolchain in Qt Creator. But when I try to attach to the remote debugger, I
got error: Unexpected GDB Exit: The GDB process terminated.

On console I see next message:
*** UNEXPECTED STATE TRANSITION:
Debugger::Internal::GdbRemoteServerEngine(0x2184a7f8, name = "GdbEngine")
"State changed from EngineSetupRequested(1) to EngineShutdownRequested(20)
[master]"