[Qt-creator] Refreshing the project tree

Hunger Tobias Tobias.Hunger at digia.com
Mon Sep 16 11:32:58 CEST 2013

> Currently running qmake doesn't seem to update the project tree. If
> running qmake did update it, that would be fine. I don't know if there
> are other use cases where it may be desirable (or clearer) to have a
> separate explicit "refresh project tree" button available.

That is correct: I am not aware of forcing a reparse short of touching a .pro file.

> One question related to the request of this functionality is if there is
> some way one could tri gger this refresh (either as a qmake call or as an
> explicit "refresh projecttree" operation) from the context of a Qt
> Creator external tool. The use case for this is for updating the project
> tree after a code generator has been run. The idea is for the developer
> to modify a meta data file (in our case we use QML), trigger the code
> generator through a Qt Creator external tool and then see the new files
> in the project tree without having to do any extra work themselves.

That will touch the .pro/.pri files, won't it? That in turn will trigger a reparsing.

Or are you relying on wildcards here? That would be strange, considering that
you generate the code and could just add it to the .pro files while at it anyway.
But even with wildcards it should be trivial to just touch any .pro/.pri file.

Best Regards,
Tobias

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius