[Qt-creator] We ported the Welcome Page, Qt Quick Designer and QML Profiler to Qt Quick 2

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Sep 17 08:38:23 CEST 2013

We're printing warnings that the plugins have disabled in the qmake step. I agree with André however that using the other plugins of Qt Creator with Qt 4.x is still fine, so I don't think we want to actively prevent compilation with Qt 4.

(Widely used builds for distributions etc anyhow should really built on top of Qt 5. We'll make sure to properly communicate this for the 3.0 release).

> Please don't, at least until QTBUG-33039 <https://bugreports.qt-
> project.org/browse/QTBUG-33039>  is fixed (hopefully for 5.2) and released.
> I use File -> Open a lot, and it is extremely painful with Qt5 (I switched back
> to Qt4 after a few days...)

Should be fixable :) I marked it with the 'creator_qt5' label, which you can add for Qt 5 issues affecting Qt Creator.

Regards

Kai