[Qt-creator] Request for comments.... help... QtCreator tutorial

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Mon Sep 23 16:13:46 CEST 2013

On 05.09.2013, at 15:29, Guido Seifert <wargand at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hiya,
> in one of my consulting projects I had to learn quite a bit about the QtCreator. Hardest was to get into the code when I started. Strangely the best resource, which I had, was the ancient VCreate Logic pdf. Unfortunately it is based on QtC 1. Most of the code examples in there don't even compile anymore.
>
> Now it would be said, if what I learned would get wasted. Sure, I could write a new tutorial, but this would be bound to become obsolete like the existing one.
>
> My idea is to create a series of questions and answers on StackOverflow. The advantage: Everyone can participate. Add comments, correct my mistakes. It is easier to find. SO ranks stellar in Google.

Unfortunately that means that probably wrong, outdated and unreviewed documentation on how to do things in Qt Creator would rank stellar in Google. Which I'd claim would be a bad thing, maybe even worse than no documentation.
Btw, that vcreatelogic document even was wrong for QtC 1 for which it was written (in subtle ways, meaning that the code seemed to work but actually didn't really), exactly because it was never reviewed by someone who knows their stuff around Qt Creator.

I would greatly appreciate contributions to the documentation in the Qt Creator repository, i.e. what Leena pointed you to.

Br, Eike