[Qt-creator] Refreshing the project tree

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Mon Sep 23 17:05:18 CEST 2013

On 16.09.2013, at 19:20, André Pönitz <andre.poenitz at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 09:32:58AM +0000, Hunger Tobias wrote:
>>> Currently running qmake doesn't seem to update the project tree. If
>>> running qmake did update it, that would be fine. I don't know if there
>>> are other use cases where it may be desirable (or clearer) to have a
>>> separate explicit "refresh project tree" button available.
>>
>> That is correct: I am not aware of forcing a reparse short of touching a
>> .pro file. [...]
>> Or are you relying on wildcards here? That would be strange, considering
>> that you generate the code and could just add it to the .pro files while
>> at it anyway.  But even with wildcards it should be trivial to just touch
>> any .pro/.pri file.
>
> Giving the discussion I wonder whether this should simply be forced
> when running Build->Run qmake explicitly.
>
> This should ease Alfonso's pain and not really hurt other uses.

Why not simply a "refresh project tree" item in the project's context menu? That shouldn't hurt anyone either and would actually be explicit, not a magic side effect of something that also does a whole lot more (like generating files in the build directory).

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius