[Qt-creator] Using environment variables with custom External Tools

achartier at fastmail.fm achartier at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 28 19:34:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a bundle of custom External Tools configured in Qt Creator that I
want to share with the rest of my team. I'd like to be able to use some
environment variables I have defined in the arguments that get passed to
these scripts. Unfortunately, when I try using an environment variable
in the Arguments textbox when defining the external tool in Qt Creator,
it doesn't seem to be picking up and interpreting the environment
variable.

Can arbitrary environment variables be used in this case? If so, what is
the syntax? I have tried $MYVAR, $$MYVAR and other combinations without
success.

Thanks!