[Qt-creator] No snapshot for qtcreator 3.0-pre available

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Mon Sep 30 11:36:54 CEST 2013

On 30.09.2013, at 11:00, Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at digia.com> wrote:

> On 09/30/2013 08:55 AM, Ziller Eike wrote:
>> We are currently in yet another change of build infrastructure *and* we are transferring the Qt Creator builds to use Qt 5.2 (which is a requirement for getting the full Qt Creator 3.0 nowadays),
>
> What exactly is 5.2 needed for? I'm only aware of 5.1 being required.

Embedding of Qt Quick 2 into a QWidget hierarchy seems to be something you only want to do starting with Qt 5.2. It has several issues in pre Qt 5.2, rendering Qt Creator useless in some configurations. (Thomas could probably say more, I don't know the details.)

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius