[Qt-creator] context help in Qt Creator 2.6.2 (and others...?)

Vanalme Filip F.Vanalme at TELEVIC.com
Thu Apr 3 13:21:28 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm using Qt Creator 2.6.2 on a Ubuntu host to develop our embedded application. The context help functionality works wel...untill I enter a Sysroot path in the selected Kit. I wonder : what's the path Qt Creator is using to look up the help files ? In the "Qt Versions" section, I could see that there's a QT_INSTALL_DOCS parameter. However, the path specified in that parameter does not contain any docs... (/usr/local/MyQtVersion/doc). In fact, that folder even doesn't exist. On the other hand, there's the "Documentation" section that contains a number of registered documentations. Hoovering over the entries gives me another path (e.g. /usr/share/qt4/doc/qch/assistant.qch). This path indeed contains the .qch files.
I think Qt Creator is using the sysroot path as a basis for the doc search path. But how is that path extended to the final destination path ?

Filip