[Qt-creator] Add a Build for Distribution menu choice to QtCreator

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Sun Apr 6 21:16:05 CEST 2014

On 06/04/2014 20:23, Steve Atkins wrote:
> There are lots of different Windows installers and lots of ways to configure
> them, and they have different tradeoffs. They also have their own
> UIs and configuration. Wix is very different to installshield is very
> different to inno setup.

For Windows the thing to support would be .msi package creation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Installer

For instance cx_Freeze supports this, which allows distribution of
python programs.

I don't have an actual need for this at the moment, but doesn't stop me
for voicing my opinion.

Regards,

Harri