[Qt-creator] Todo/Issues & external tools integration?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 05:02:02 CEST 2014

Right, I know about this and I have written tools that output to this
format already.

However I want to have some external tool which I can execute and
instantly get a list of issues to fix.

Having to manually go and open the TODO file each time is tedious.

I suppose the only way around this would be to have all external tools
write to the same TODO List file, then QtCreator will just monitor
that.

But this seems a bit limited since you have to manually navigate to
that file and load it (also doesn't work well if you run multiple
QtCreator instances).

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Cristian Tibirna <tibirna at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 13 April 2014 12:06:32 Campbell Barton wrote:
>> Hi, something I miss in QtCreator is the ability to generate a list of
>> issues from an external tool. that loads into QtCreator's Todo plugin
>> (or displays in the 'Issues' view).
>
> https://qt-project.org/doc/qtcreator-3.0/creator-task-lists.html
>
> --
> Cristian Tibirna