[Qt-creator] External tools: linking to line in source code in General Messages output pane

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Wed Apr 16 16:58:13 CEST 2014

On Apr 16, 2014, at 3:10 PM, André Hartmann <andre.hartmann at iseg-hv.de> wrote:

> Hi Alfonso,
>
>> On a somewhat related topic, is it possible to use ANSI escape codes
>> to color-code the output from my external tool in the General Messages
>> output pane?
>
> With this change: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,64183
>
> at least ANSI escape code support for compile and application output
> pane was added. I'm not sure how easy it is to extend this to the
> "General Messages" pane.

Actually there is https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTCREATORBUG-9686 too, which would solve your issue by using the app output panes instead ;)
It’s a non-trivial task though (but more or less mechanical work, I guess), since the whole “app output” infrastructure needs to move to the core plugin for this to happen.

Br, Eike