[Qt-creator] webkitwidgets: unknown module

Vitali Baumtrok aedit at baumtrok.de
Wed Apr 16 18:59:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

I want to compile a project that uses the class QWebView, but I get the
message "Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: webkitwidgets".

I had previously a Qt version installed with the online-installer. It
worked, i.e. it compiled correctly. Bet then I messed around with other
versions and the packet-manager and it stopped working.

Basically, I want to make WebKit work with a manually compiled Qt Creator.

OS: Linux Mint
Qt: 5.3.0
Qt Creator: 3.1.81

I compiled Qt with
   ./init-repository
   ./configure -developer-build
   make
and Qt Creator I compiled with
   qmake qtcreator.pro -recursive
   make
In Qt Creator I set the QMake-Path to the compiled qmake and added "QT
+= webkitwidgets" to the *.pro file.

I hope if you tell me how Qt Creator look for the modules or what
packages are needed to make WebKit available, I will be able to resolve
this issue.

Thank you in advance.