[Qt-creator] Python Qt Creator Plugins

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Mon Aug 11 11:28:39 CEST 2014

On Jul 29, 2014, at 12:10 AM, Rory Kronmiller <rkronmiller at intellisis.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any way to write Qt Creator plugins in Python?

No.

> If no such way exists, how hard would it be to implement something?

No idea. You’d need to create a YourPlugin.pluginspec and a corresponding Qt Plugin with a IPlugin instance as entry point. That would need to call into your corresponding python stuff. You’d then still need Python bindings to Qt Creator to do anything sensible, which we do not provide (and Qt Creator's API is not very stable, either).

> Could this become a feature?

IMO no, at least not in any kind “official”.

Br, Eike