[Qt-creator] Simple qt 5 question

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 18 10:36:54 CEST 2014

On 08/18/2014 04:35 PM, Ziller Eike wrote:

> Projects mode > Add kit > YouQt5Kit
> Make sure the Qt5 kit is selected.
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qtcreator-3.1/creator-configuring-projects.html

Thank you Eike for your reply, however, I still cannot add qt5.

Under "QT Versions" I've attempted to add qt 5 as follows:

Add -> /use/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake, I then get a warning
message as below:

>> Under "Build & Run" I notice that qmake 4 is the default. I tried to add
>> qmake 5 but it fails with "No qmlviewer installed”.
>
> That’s not a failure, only a warning.

Under "Kits" I now have Desktop (default) and Unnamed. Both show Qt
version as Qt 4.8.3.

So, I must be adding the wrong directory but that's where qmake 5
resides. No doubt I've missed something basic but I cannot see where.

By the way, I have read the document that details "Setting Up New Qt
Versions".

--
Regards,
Phil