[Qt-creator] Select-All gone worse

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Fri Aug 22 17:07:46 CEST 2014

On Aug 22, 2014, at 5:01 PM, Ziller Eike <Eike.Ziller at digia.com> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2014, at 6:06 PM, Jochen Becher <jochen_becher at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> With QtCreator 3.2 pressing Ctrl-A will not only select all text in
>> editor but move the cursor to the top of the text. This behaviour is
>> annoying to me: I am used to press Ctrl-A Ctr-I when I want to correct
>> indentation of a larger code block (instead of selecting the block and
>> press Ctrl-I). With QtCreator 3.2 the cursor position is moved and I
>> have to move it back to the old position.
>>
>> Is this new behaviour a bug or intended?
>
> I can reproduce (on OS X). Looks like a bug to me.

Actually I have to be more exact:

I can reproduce that the editor *viewport* moves to the top of the text, which it didn’t do in Qt Creator 3.1.2.
The behavior of where the actual text cursor is, did not change between 3.1.2 and 3.2. So, if you select all and then use the cursor keys to navigate, the result is the same in 3.2 and earlier versions.

Br, Eike