[Qt-creator] QtCreator 3.3, CMake and Include Paths

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 10:58:52 CET 2014

Double checked the latests QtCreator 3.3 and the problem remains for
me too (infact I never had CMake+QtCreator project files working with
includes),

To be clear, if I have an include directory such as
"/opt/foo/bar/spam.h", CMake will correctly pass this onto the build
system.
But QtCreator won't find 'spam.h', which breaks parsing the source
files and makes QtCreator not very usable in these cases (no
autocompletion for eg).

This is important since, for example, I may use a custom library build
and want to develop to that, but in this case QtCreator becomes more a
text editor then an IDE.

So I still find it necessary to maintain my own project-file generator
for QtCreator:

https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/build_files/cmake/cmake_qtcreator_project.py
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/build_files/cmake/project_source_info.py

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Michael Jackson
<imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am still having issues with Include paths in my CMake project not being picked up by QtCreator. What is funny is that they worked just fine in the QtCreator 3.2 but not in 3.3. I have tried tweaking my CMakeLists.txt file but nothing I am trying seems to get all of the include paths that are needed by project. My project builds just fine, whether inside or outside of QtCreator. Just that now I am not getting any code completion for about half my code base.
>
> This is on OS X 10.8. Has anyone else seen this? Was this a by-product of the OS X Framework includes issues? (Those work GREAT btw).
>
> Thanks
> Mike Jackson

- Campbell