[Qt-creator] Not scroll editor when stepping in debugger

Wiebe Cazemier wiebe at halfgaar.net
Sun Feb 23 11:04:48 CET 2014

Hi,

I've been working with Qt Creator (version 3 now) and Qt (5.1) for a few months, and I would like to extend my compliments :) However, I do have a question which is probably going to become a feature request.

When stepping in the debugger, the editor window centers on the current statement. I find this confusing. I'm used to Visual Studio, which only scrolls the editor when the next statement would be off-screen. The auto-centering editor of Qt Creator becomes especially confusing when debugging loops. My eye would have a much better time with visual tracking if the editor window would remain static.

I asked on the forum if whether it's possible to configure it like that [1], but the response was 'probably not, ask on the list' :)

So, is it possible, and if not, would this be a worthwhile configuration option?

[1] http://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/38765/