[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 3.2 dropping support for Mac OS X 10.6

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at digia.com
Thu Jan 23 13:29:33 CET 2014

Hi,

Let's make this:
> Qt Creator 3.2:
>  - drop support for compiling & running Qt Creator on 10.6

> We want to start using C++11 also in Qt Creator, and 10.6 is the only thing
> preventing that. Since 10.6 is deployment target only for Qt, we don’t
> necessarily need to keep “its IDE” running there (yes, that’s a Qt-centric
> way of looking at Qt Creator).

a actual independant proposal (since it doesn't really depend on what qt
supports) and cross post it to qt-creator for some wider exposure.

Actually using C++11 would also mean bumping the minimum supported compiler
for *compiling* Qt Creator. That's somewhat separate, but I would assume we
would require at least lamba and auto support for compiling Qt Creator 3.2.

That means MSVC 2010, clang 3.1 or g++ 4.5 if I remember correctly.

daniel